2023-24 NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year Odds Tracker
- Who are the top contenders for the 2023 NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year award?
- Will Anderson has opened as the favorite to win NFL DROY in the 2023-24 NFL season
- See the NFL DROY odds for all contenders below
Follow along as we track the odds to win the 2023 NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year award throughout the 2023-24 NFL season. The graphs below were created by taking the average from several of our most trusted sportsbooks.
Top NFL DROY Contenders
Will Anderson, the first defensive player selected in the 2023 NFL Draft, has opened as the favorite to win NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year. Anderson was the favorite even before the draft, which included a 24-hour period where Tyree Wilson was believed to be the first defensive player selected.
While NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year odds have shifted quite a bit after the draft, Defensive Rookie of the Year odds haven’t as much. This is the norm, as the fit and scheme defensive players are drafted into isn’t as pivotal to their Year 1 production as it is for players on the other side of the ball.
2023 NFL DROY Odds
|Lukas Van Ness||EDGE||Packers||+1500|
|Will McDonald IV||EDGE||Jets||+2200|
|Joey Porter Jr||CB||Steelers||+2500|
New Texans outside linebacker Will Anderson is the favorite to win NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year. Based off his +400 odds, a $20 bet would win you $80 and return $100.
Jalen Carter (+700), Christian Gonzalez (+950), Tyree Wilson (+1000), and Devon Witherspoon (+1000) round out the top five contenders to win NFL DROY for the 2023-24 NFL season.
*Odds as of August 3 at DraftKings Sportsbook. If you are not currently betting with them, be sure you claim the best DraftKings Sportsbook bonus upon signing up.
And some more notes on past DROY odds movement:
- [April 29] Emmanuel Forbes has seen the biggest post-draft odds movement, seeing his DROY odds go from +2500 to +1400 after being selected by the Washington Commanders in the first round.
- [April 21] Just under a week prior to the NFL Draft, many sports betting apps have opened NFL DROY odds, with Will Anderson listed as the favorite at +320 odds. Jalen Carter and Tyree Wilson have the next-best odds at +600.
Past NFL DROY Winners
Top DROY Contenders at Each Position
- Four of the last seven DROY awards have gone to edge rushers
- Micah Parsons (2021), Chase Young (2020), Nick Bosa (2019), Joey Bosa (2016) and Von Miller (2011) are the only five edge players to win the award in the last 15 seasons, though
- Darius Leonard (2018) is the only inside linebacker to win the award since 2013
- The award has only gone to a safety twice – the last was in 1990 (Mark Carrier)
Past NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year Winners by Position
|Position||DROY Awards in Last 15 Years|
|Interior Defensive Linemen||3|
Top DROY Contenders by Draft Round
[Graph Coming After Draft]
- 15 of the last 16 DROY awards went to first round picks (Darius Leonard won as a second round pick in 2018)
- 14 of the last 16 winners were selected in the top 15 of their draft – Marcus Peters went 18th overall, Leonard was 36th
- Chase Young (2020) and the Bosa brothers (Nick in 2019 and Joey in 2016) are the only three players in the last 11 years to win DROY after being the first defensive player selected in the draft