2023 World Series Odds Tracker
- This page monitors the odds to win the 2023 World Series, starting in the offseason and continuing until the final game of the season
- In mid-August, the Braves are the betting favorites in the 2023 World Series odds, followed by the Dodgers, Rays, Astros, and Rangers
- Below, see the 2023 World Series odds for all 30 teams and track how the odds have changed over time
This page tracks the current odds to win the 2023 World Series. The first graph displays the average 2023 World Series odds for each team, starting in the offseason and running up to the current date.
The ensuing table lists the current World Series odds in table format. The remainder of the page discusses the World Series history, broken down by divisions within the American League and National League.
2023 World Series Odds
The top-three World Series favorites are largely unchanged over the past couple of months. The Tampa Bay Rays immediately shot to/near the top of the 2023 World Series odds during their torrid start, and remain in the top-three though their play has leveled off. They continue to lead the American League. The NL-leading Atlanta Braves took over as World Series favorites right around the time they passed Tampa for best record in the majors, while perennial-contender the LA Dodgers round out the trio.
World Series Betting Favorites 2023
Odds as of August 9, 2023, at DraftKings Sportsbook.
World Series Odds Movement Timeline
- August 9: Despite owning the best record in the AL for the better part of the past month, the Orioles are only +950, fourth-favorite in the AL, behind the Astros (+675), Rangers (+732), and Rays (+875).
- July 11: The favored Braves (+329) continue to shorten as they win at a torrid pace (67.4 win percentage). The AL-leading Rays are still second, but have faded from +439 to +504.
- June 20: Riding the league’s longest win streak (nine games), the Reds have improved from +52083 to +12250 over the past two weeks. The Giants, who have won eight straight, improved from +5600 to +3433 in that same span.
- May 29: The Orioles, who currently own the second-best record in baseball, are starting to be taken seriously. Baltimore has improved from +9600 to +3633 over the past six weeks.
- May 15: The Los Angeles Dodgers are back in a familiar spot atop the NL West and have seen their odds improve from +808 to +621 over the past three weeks, second only to the Atlanta Braves (+504). The New York Yankees, who sit last in the AL East, have faded from +875 to +1267 in that same span.
- Apr. 18: Off to an NL-best 13-4 start, the Braves have taken over as the World Series favorites at +596, while the slumping Astros (8-9) have faded slightly to +686.
- Dec. 3: The Rangers moved up after signing Jacob deGrom, but still only have the 15th-best World Series odds at +3767 on average.
- Nov. 6: The Dodgers (+500) have opened as slight favorites over the Astros (+600) in the 2023 World Series odds with the Braves (+800), Yankees (+900), and Mets (+1000) rounding out the top five.
World Series Favorites
The favorites to win the 2023 World Series look markedly similar to the opening odds for last year’s Fall Classic.
Los Angeles Dodgers
After a phenomenal 111-win regular season last year, the Dodgers disappointingly bowed out to the San Diego Padres in the NLDS. That hasn’t stopped the NL West powers from opening as 2023 World Series favorites, though. They are +500 at most books.
Love them or (more likely) hate them, there’s no denying that the Astros have built a dynasty. After capturing their third World Series title in the last five years last season, the Astros are right behind the Dodgers in the opening 2023 World Series odds.
New York Yankees
The Yankees started last season like a torpedo, racing out to an AL East lead they would never relinquish. But the back half left a lot to be desired and they wound up getting swept by the Astros in the ALCS, another disappointing end for a star-studded roster. They sit around +900 at most sportsbooks in the opening 2023 World Series odds.
World Series Betting Promo Codes
Online sportsbooks are replete with betting bonuses and promo codes that can be applied to World Series action. Depending on the sportsbook, you may be able to use risk-free bets up to $1,500 to wager on the winner of the Fall Classic.
Follow the links in the table below to see the available World Series promo codes at the North America’s best legal online sportsbooks.
|Barstool Sportsbook||Barstool Sportsbook Promo Code|
|BetMGM||BetMGM Promo Code|
|Caesars Sportsbook||Caesars Sportsbook Promo Code|
|DraftKings Sportsbook||DraftKings Sportsbook Promo Code|
|FanDuel Sportsbook||FanDuel Sportsbook Promo Code|
Where Can I Bet on the World Series?
Betting on the World Series is available basically year-round at all of the sportsbooks listed in the table above, plus other sports betting sites and apps. Sports bettors can bet on anything from the Cy Young Award winner to the MLB season MVP. For a more expansive list of the best World Series betting sites, check out the best MLB betting sites.
World Series Odds FAQ
Who won the World Series last year?
The Houston Astros won the 2022 World Series, defeating the Philadelphia Phillies in six games.
Who is the favorite to win the 2023 World Series?
The LA Dodgers have opened as 2023 World Series favorites, but the gap between the Dodgers and the Astros is extremely slim.
AL East World Series History
|Team||AL East Titles||Last WS Championship||Last WS Appearance|
|Boston Red Sox||10||2018||2018|
|New York Yankees||19||2009||2009|
|Tampa Bay Rays||4||N/A||2020|
|Toronto Blue Jays||6||1993||1993|
AL Central World Series History
|Team||AL Central Titles||Last WS Championship||Last WS Appearance|
|Chicago White Sox||4||2005||2005|
|Kansas City Royals||1||2015||2015|
AL West World Series History
|Team||AL West Titles||Last WS Championship||Last WS Appearance|
|Los Angeles Angels||9||2002||2002|
NL East World Series History
|Team||NL East Titles||Last WS Championship||Last WS Appearance|
|New York Mets||6||1986||2015|
NL Central World Series History
|Team||NL Central Titles Since 1994||Last WS Championship||Last WS Appearance|
|St. Louis Cardinals||11||2011||2013|
NL West World Series History
|Team||NL West Titles Since 1994||Last WS Championship||Last WS Appearance|
|Los Angeles Dodgers||12||2020||2020|
|San Francisco Giants||6||2001||2001|
|San Diego Padres||4||N/A||1998|
Most Head-to-Head World Series Matchups
|Teams||Number of Head-to-Head World Series Matchups|
|Yankees vs Dodgers||11|
|Yankees vs Giants||7|
|Yankees vs Cardinals||5|
|Yankees vs Braves||4|
|Cardinals vs Red Sox||4|
|Cubs vs Tigers||4|
|A’s vs Giants||4|
Teams That Have Never Won a World Series Title
Every Major League team enters the season with the hope of winning the World Series, but only one squad can ultimately come out on top. Here are the six remaining MLB franchises that are still waiting to win their very first title.
|Team||Inception||World Series Appearances|
|Tampa Bay Rays||1998||1|
|San Diego Padres||1969||2|