The NHL betting markets can be tricky to navigate. However, when you have the NHL public trends, bet percentages, and splits, it makes life easier for all sports bettors. Public money in the NHL isn’t always the easiest to follow, but this page will help you either ride with the general public or fade them.
Looking at the money and NHL betting percentage splits, our experts will provide you with the data directly from sportsbooks ahead of puck drop each night throughout the entirety of the season. This way, you can see where both the public money and the percentage of tickets are concentrated for each game.
With Ontario online sports betting now live, Canadian bettors within the province can back their hometown teams in the Senators and Maple Leafs.
|spread||$$||Money %||Bet %||spread||Money %||Bet %||moneyline||Money %||Bet %||total||Money %||Bet %|
The Stanley Cup Final between Vegas and Florida continues Tuesday with Game 5. Some of the notable public betting trends include:
FIRST NHL BET ON CAESARS UP TO $1,250 + 1,000 TIER CREDITS AND 1,000 REWARD CREDITS®
BET $5 ON NHL & GET $150 IN BONUS BETS!
FIRST BET OFFER: UP TO $1,000 PAID BACK
NO SWEAT FIRST BET UP TO $1,000!
FIVE SECOND-CHANCE BETS OF $100 EACH!
Every bet that is placed on the NHL odds market at any given online sportsbook is tracked. It’s logged, and they consolidate all that information into the NHL public betting chart you see at the top of the page. This betting info consists of the total number of bets and the total number of money bet on each market in a single game. Those markets are the NHL public betting percentages for moneyline, puckline, and totals.
With that data, you can see the NHL public betting consensus (as well as where the sharp money is) for every game before placing your wager.
The percentage of the total handle means the amount of money bet on Team X compared to their opponent. If Team X has received 70% of the ATS betting handle, that means $70 out of every $100 wagered on this game has been on Team X to cover the spread. The remaining 30% will have been wagered on the opponent.
The bet percentage refers to how many single wagers have been placed on Team X compared to their opponent.
Let’s say ten total ATS wagers were made on a game between New York and New Jersey. Three people bet $20 on the Rangers, one person bet $40 on New York, three people bet $30 on New Jersey, and two people bet $100 on New Jersey.
In this case, the bet percentage is split evenly between the two teams (five bets on New York and five bets on New Jersey).
NHL betting percentages are quite important to note. There are a few things you can gain from looking at these betting numbers, one being where the sharp money is. Although it’s tougher in hockey since there aren’t big spreads like in the NBA and NFL, it’s still good to take a look at.
Sharp money is indicated by comparing the total handle to the total bets on a certain game. For example, let’s say we are looking at NHL public betting trends for a key Pennsylvania matchup between the Pittsburgh Penguins and Philadelphia Flyers. In this scenario, 40% of the total bets are on the Penguins moneyline, and 60% on Flyers moneyline. However, only 30% of the total handle are on Flyers moneyline, and 70% on Penguins moneyline. This would indicate sharp money.
The reason being sharps usually bet more money since they are pros and usually do it as a profession. That’s why when the total handle outweighs the total bets for a certain side, the industry considers that sharp money. Online sportsbooks usually know which players are experts, so they will note when they bet and start adjusting the line for the NHL betting public.
COMBINE YOUR SAME GAME PARLAYS AT DRAFTKINGS!
PINNACLE, THE WORLD'S SHARPEST BOOKMAKER!
BET WITH INTEGRITY AT TONYBET!
GET ONTARIO'S TOP RATED BETTING APP!
MAKE EVERY MOMENT MORE AT FANDUEL!
USE SBD'S EXCLUSIVE LINK TO SIGN UP!
DEPOSIT WITH DEBIT & SIGN UP NOW!
SIGN UP AT SPORTS INTERACTION, CANADA's SPORTSBOOK!
SIGN UP & DOWNLOAD THE APP TODAY!
DOWNLOAD THE BETWAY ONTARIO APP!
USE THE MOST TRANSPARENT SPORTSBOOK IN CANADA!
USE BETRIVERS ONTARIO AFFILIATE CODE SBDXL
SIGN UP & DOWNLOAD THE APP!