2023 Cy Young Odds Tracker
- This page monitors the average odds to win the 2023 AL and NL Cy Young Awards
- Gerrit Cole (AL) and Zac Gallen (NL) are the favorites in the 2023 Cy Young odds as of mid-August
- See where the MLB Cy Young odds sit now and how they have changed since opening
The graphs below display the average odds to win the 2023 AL and NL Cy Young Awards. The averages are calculated based on the odds available at reliable online sportsbooks.
Under the graphs, find an annotated timeline which describes major changes in the odds and why they happened.
- August 9: Cole (-249) had opened a wide gap between himself and second-favorite Valdez (+590). Gausman (+600) is now third-favorite in the AL Cy Young odds. .
- July 24: Cole (+179) has taken over as the betting favorite in the AL Cy Young odds, slightly ahead of Valdez (+369), McLanahan (+420), and Gausman (+550).
- July 11: Valdez (+201) is the new betting favorite in the 2023 AL Cy Young odds at the All-Star break, followed closely by Cole (+347) and Gausman (+350).
- June 5: Shane McClanahan (+356) had surpassed Gerrit Cole (+412) as the AL Cy Young betting favorite, with Framber Valdez (+775) now third.
- Feb. 23: New Rangers ace Jacob deGrom has opened as the +500 favorite in his first year in the American League.
Odds to Win AL Cy Young
|Gerrit Cole (NYY)||-275|
|Kevin Gausman (TOR)||+475|
|Framber Valdez (HOU)||+700|
|Luis Castillo (SEA)||+1500|
|Shohei Ohtani (LAA)||+2000|
|Nathan Eovaldi (TEX)||+4000|
|Felix Bautista (BAL)||+5000|
|Sonny Gray (MIN)||+10000|
|Logan Gilbert (SEA)||+10000|
|George Kirby (SEA)||+10000|
|Pablo Lopez (MIN)||+10000|
|Joe Ryan (MIN)||+12000|
|Zach Eflin (TB)||+15000|
|Eduardo Rodriguez (DET)||+15000|
Odds as of August 9, 2023, at DraftKings Sportsbook. Claim a DraftKings promo code to bet on the AL Cy Young.
- August 9: The 2023 NL Cy Young odds remain a tight race with Gallen (+205) now just a hair ahead of Snell (+270).
- July 24: Gallen (+211) is maintaining a slight lead over Strider (+300) and Snell (+375) in the NL Cy Young odds as of late July.
- July 11: The top-three favorites in the 2023 NL Cy Young odds at midseason are Gallen (+195), Kershaw (+319), and Strider (+406).
- June 5: The NL Cy Young odds have turned into a two-horse race between Spencer Strider (+199) and Zac Gallen (+235). Third-favorite Clayton Kershaw is way back at +1100.
- Feb. 23: The opening odds see reigning-winner Sandy Alcantara roughly level with 2021-winner Corbin Burnes at the top of the board (+500) with the Mets’ prized offseason acquisition, Justin Verlander, third.
Odds to Win NL Cy Young
|Zac Gallen (ARI)||+200|
|Blake Snell (SD)||+250|
|Justin Steele (CHC)||+475|
|Spencer Strider (ATL)||+ 550|
|Logan Webb (SF)||+850|
|Corbin Burnes (MIL)||+1000|
|Zack Wheeler (PHI)||+1500|
|Jesus Luzardo (MIA)||+2500|
|Clayton Kershaw (LAD)||+7500|
|Merrill Kelly (ARI)||+10000|
|Kodai Senga (NYM)||+10000|
|Marcus Stroman (CHC)||+10000|
|Mitch Keller (PIT)||+10000|
Odds as of August 9, 2023, at DraftKings Sportsbook. Claim a DraftKings promo code to bet on the NL Cy Young.
AL Cy Young Winners by Team
|Team||Number of Cy Young Winners|
|Boston Red Sox||7|
|Toronto Blue Jays||4|
|Kansas City Royals||4|
|New York Yankees||3|
|Chicago White Sox||2|
|Tampa Bay Rays||2|
NL Cy Young Winners by Team
|Team||Number of Cy Young Winners|
|Los Angeles Dodgers||7|
|New York Mets||7|
|San Diego Padres||4|
|St. Louis Cardinals||3|
|San Francisco Giants||3|
The tables above pertain to 1967 to the present day. The Cy Young Award was first handed out in 1956, but for the first 11 years, there was only one award for both leagues. Dodgers players won an additional five in that span. Yankee players won two. The Braves, White Sox, Pirates, and Angels won one.
AL Teams Without a Cy Young Winner
|American League Teams Without a Cy Young Winner|
The Rangers are the only American League club to have never produced a Cy Young winner. Texas came close in 1989 when Nolan Ryan led the league in strikeouts and finished fifth in Cy Young voting.
NL Teams Without a Cy Young Winner
|National League Teams Without a Cy Young Winner|
Pitchers with Multiple Cy Young Awards
|Pitcher||Number of Cy Young Awards|