Kansas may be most famous for NCAA basketball (shout out to the Kansas Jayhawks), but now the state has gotten on board with legalized sports betting and the interest in other teams might soon be rising.
The Kansas Senate voted for a sports betting bill in April 2022, and Kansas retail / online sports betting officially launched on September 1, 2022.
With Kansas online sports betting apps now live, sports bettors can start claiming sign-up offers. Sports betting mobile apps like DraftKings, FanDuel, and BetMGM are handing out over $4,000 in welcome offers, and new users can claim their biggest bonuses. Sign up with these Kansas online sportsbooks and claim the best bonuses ahead of March Madness.
The Kansas sports betting bill allows for retail sports betting at four of the state’s casinos, and each of these casinos can partner with up to three online sports betting operators. Kansas casinos can also partner with up to 50 additional locations, like professional sports teams, to put sports betting kiosks in place. Kansas online sportsbooks are reliable and easy to use ever since launching on September 1.
Kansas sports bettors can expect a world-class wagering experience with the online sportsbook apps available across the state.
Kansas Sports Betting Sections:
Top 5 Kansas Sports Online Sportsbooks
DraftKings has gone from daily fantasy powerhouse to one of the best options for legal US sports betting. Expect great promos and one of the smoothest betting apps out there.Promo: Bet $5, Get $150
Caesars brings ultimate flexibility to the world of online sports betting with tons of banking options, competitive odds on all major sports, and few restrictions when it comes to constructing parlays.Promo: Up To $1,250 On Caesars
FanDuel has built on their daily fantasy success with a flawless betting app and excellent online sportsbook. Find a superior live betting experience and lots of features for new bettors.Promo: $1,000 No Sweat First Bet
This Australian brand is taking the US market by storm with a new way to bet spreads, totals, and props. Try PointsBetting for something entirely new or find great odds on traditional wagers.Promo: Five $100 Second Chance Bets
|Kansas Sportsbook||Promo Details||Get Promo|
|DraftKings Sportsbook||Bet $5, Get $150||CLAIM OFFER|
|Barstool Sportsbook||$1,000 First Bet Insurance||CLAIM OFFER|
|Caesars Sportsbook||First Bet On Caesars Up To $1,250 + 1,000 Tier Credits & 1,000 Reward Credits®||CLAIM OFFER|
|FanDuel Sportsbook||Bet $5 and Get $150 in Bonus Bets||CLAIM OFFER|
|PointsBet||Five Bonus Bets Up To $100 Each||CLAIM OFFER|
Multiple Kansas sportsbooks have sign-up offers that allow new users to claim special promos. Use the links in the table above to start claiming some of these offers.
DraftKings, FanDuel, and BetMGM are currently offering the best Kansas sports betting pre-launch offers. New players can claim up to $4,500 in welcome offers, so sign up today now that online Kansas sports betting has begun.
Kansas sports betting was legalized in May 2022, and it launched on September 1, 2022. Wagering went online across the state in time for the start of the 2022 NFL season on Sep. 1, 2022.
- Sports Betting Legalization: Legalized and now available
- Sports Betting Launch Date: Soft Launch September 1, 2022 & Full Launch September 8, 2022
- Platforms: Retail and online
- Number of Licenses: Four retail licenses, 12 online sports betting operators
- Expected Sportsbooks: DraftKings, FanDuel, PointsBet, BetMGM, Barstool Sportsbook, Caesars Sportsbook
- Gambling Age Requirement: 21+
The Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PASPA) was overturned on May 14, 2018, allowing each state in the country to propose and create their own laws and regulations for sports betting.
Kansas residents were limited to things like horse and dog racing, as well as bingo, slots, and video poker, but not anymore. These types of activities can be played at one of Kansas’ four state-run casinos or at one of their five tribal casinos. In addition to casino gambling, Kansas bettors can wager on daily fantasy games.
We’re keeping this page updated with all the latest information on Kansas sports betting.
Kansas Sports Betting Apps: Best Mobile KS Betting Apps Available
|Kansas Sportsbook Apps||App Store Review||Google Play Store Review|
Online sports betting from a mobile device is the most convenient way to start wagering on your favorite games in the Sunflower State.
The selection of Kansas sports betting apps is competitive with other markets in the country, with major players like DraftKings, FanDuel, Barstool Sportsbook, PointsBet, Caesars Sportsbook, and BetMGM arriving in the Sunflower State.
This list will be updated regularly as Kansas sports betting apps are approved over the coming months. A total of four Kansas casinos can partner with up to three online sportsbooks each, leaving room for up to 12 different sports betting sites in the Sunflower State. We’ll add a quick overview for each of the KS sportsbook apps, including app features and information on all the best promo codes.
As an emerging sports betting market, some of the top sportsbooks in the entire industry are offering their platforms in Kansas. Sports bettors in the Sunflower State can expect household names like DraftKings and FanDuel, along with alternative brands like PointsBet available on Apple and Android devices.
Here are more details on the betting sites and mobile apps available in the Kansas online sportsbook market.
DraftKings Sportsbook Kansas
DraftKings Kansas was one of the first sportsbooks to signal their presence in the Sunflower State. They announced a partnership with the Boot Hill Casino and Resort in Dodge City just a week after Kansas sports betting was signed into law, and they’ll be one of three online sportsbooks that can potentially partner with the Boot Hill Casino.
DraftKings Sportsbook boasts a top-notch betting app and some of the most lucrative promos in the industry. The DraftKings daily fantasy sports (DFS) platform is already offered in Kansas, and the sportsbook platform is a complimentary addition now that DraftKings Sportsbook Kansas is live.
The DraftKings Sportsbook app has a 4.8/5 rating on the Apple App Store, making it one of the best on the market.
Barstool Sportsbook Kansas
As one of the most popular sports betting apps in the country, Barstool Sportsbook Kansas is another operator that has a retail and online sports betting presence in the Sunflower State. The Hollywood Casino at Kansas Speedway is owned by Penn National Gaming, who own and operate Barstool Sportsbook, giving them a perfect launch point to enter the Kansas sports betting market.
Barstool Sportsbook is opening an in-person sports betting location at Kansas Speedway, which would make it the first retail sportsbook facility at a NASCAR racetrack. Subsequently, Barstool Sportsbook has online sports betting market access, allowing them to launch their mobile app across the state now that wagering is live.
Sports bettors are loving everything the Barstool Sportsbook app has to offer, with a top-notch rating of 4.8/5 on the Apple App Store and a competitive welcome bonus.
Caesars Sportsbook Kansas
While Caesars doesn’t own and operate their own casino in the state of Kansas, they’ve already reached an agreement with the Kansas Crossing Casino + Hotel in the city of Pittsburg. With this deal in place, Caesars Sportsbook Kansas has secured market access in the Sunflower State.
Caesars Sportsbook is known for having some of the best bonus codes in the sports betting industry, so rookie sports bettors and seasoned sharps alike will be flocking to Caesars Sportsbook Kansas now that it’s live.
Kansas sports bettors won’t be disappointed by the Caesars Sportsbook app, as it currently has a 4.6/5 rating from users on the Apple App Store.
The BetMGM sportsbook has also struck a deal with the Boyd Gaming and the Kansas Star Casino, ensuring sports betting market access for this platform powered by ROAR Digital and MGM Resorts International. Branded as “The King of Sportsbooks,” BetMGM Kansas will immediately become one of the most popular sports betting sites in the Sunflower State.
With brand ambassadors like Jamie Foxx, Kevin Garnett, and Wayne Gretzky, the BetMGM sportsbook is well-known across the nation. BetMGM Kansas will be a go-to choice for many sports bettors.
BetMGM has a top-rated mobile app, with a user review score of 4.8/5 on the App Store.
FanDuel Sportsbook Kansas
Another huge brand name available in the Kansas sports betting market is FanDuel Sportsbook. FanDuel DFS is currently operational in Kansas, however, sports bettors are now enjoying the arrival of their renowned sportsbook app.
With bold branding, a visually-appealing mobile app that’s easy to navigate, and some of the most valuable betting bonuses around, FanDuel Kansas is sure to be a hit. FanDuel has already struck a deal with Boyd Gaming who operate the Kansas Star Casino in Mulvane, guaranteeing market access for this premier sports betting app.
The FanDuel Sportsbook app also has a tremendous user-review score, coming in at 4.8/5 stars on the App Store.
PointsBet Kansas has already secured their spot in this pending sports betting market. Signing an agreement with the Kansas Crossing Casino + Hotel in Pittsburg, PointsBet Kansas was ready to launch on day one of online Kansas sports betting.
While PointsBet might be a lesser known brand, they’re rapidly expanding across the country, entering other emerging markets in the country. They’re signing a ton of sports betting partnerships, and PointsBet will soon be known and loved by all Kansas sports bettors.
Kansas online sports betting is officially legal, and launched across the state on September 1, 2022. Wagering went live across Kansas in time for the start of the 2022 NFL season, with Gov. Laura Kelly placing the first legal wager on the Kansas City Chiefs to win the Super Bowl this season.
In 2019, a bill was introduced in favor of sports betting, though it called for a heavy taxation rate for operators. The Senate did pass a bill, SB 283, in February 2020 to allow for both retail and online sports betting.
On top of wagering at one of the state’s four casinos, the bill would also allow legal betting at Children’s Mercy Park and at the Kansas Speedway NASCAR track.
Kansas revisited the topic of legalized sports betting in 2022 with the latest bill, HB 2740, signed into law by Gov. Laura Kelly in May 2022. Legal Kansas sports betting sites are now available across the Sunflower State, with Governor Laura Kelly placing the first legal sports wager.
Here are the latest updates on the launch of Kansas sports betting:
- September 1, 2022: Kansas sports betting has officially launched with six sportsbook operators: DraftKings, FanDuel, BetMGM, Barstool Sportsbook, Caesars Sportsbook, and PointsBet. The “soft launch” on September 1 means sportsbooks only need to accept wagers on NCAAF, MLB, and NFL markets, with the rest of the catalogue becoming available by September 8 at the latest.
- August 18, 2022: Kansas online sports betting will officially launch on September 1, 2022. The launch of Kansas sports betting officially has the quickest turnaround time from legalization to launch in US history, with only 74 days separating the landmark go-live process.
- August 17, 2022: According to some unnamed sources, three major sportsbook operators are gearing up for an NFL Week 1 launch of Kansas online sports betting. While no start date has been confirmed by the Kansas Lottery Commission or Kansas Racing and Gaming Commission, DraftKings and FanDuel are already offering pre-registration bonuses to new users.
- June 21, 2022: Gov. Laura Kelly ceremoniously signed the Kansas sports betting bill into law, however, cast doubts that sports betting revenue would ultimately attract the Kansas City Chiefs to relocate from Missouri.
- June 3, 2022: It appears as if Kansas sports betting regulators are working hard to get wagering live in time for the start of the 2022 NFL season. Rep. Stephanie Clayton (D-19) recently told Sports Betting Dime that ““My hope has always been that Kansas has sports wagering ready to go for the start of football season. The logistics of this are, of course, up to the gaming stakeholders. I wish them the best in their pursuit.” Cory Thorne, Public Information Office for the Kansas Lottery, added “I know there have been people who have used the phrase ‘by football season’ a lot. It’s a great goal, it’s something we’ll try to hit. But it’s better to start a month into the football season, for example, and have a great product ready to go rather than rushing out an inferior product by the start of the season.”
- May 12. 2022: Gov. Laura Kelly officially signed the Kansas sports betting bill into law. While wagering is currently unavailable in the state, Kansas online sports betting and retail locations will launch across the state in late 2022 or early 2023.
- April 29, 2022: The state Senate voted in favor of the Kansas sports betting bill, setting the stage for a retail/online launch in late 2022 or January 2023. The sports betting bill now heads Gov. Laura Kelly’s desk for a final signature, which is largely considered a formality at this point.
- April 28, 2022: The Kansas House has once again voted on the state sports betting bill, and this time, it passed without issue. The Kansas sports betting bill then advanced to the Senate for a final vote.
- April 27, 2022: In a surprising turn of events, The Kansas Senate decided to reject a conference committee report on the state sports betting bill. While this will delay the official vote on the bill, the Kansas sports betting legislation is not dead.
- April 1, 2022: The Kansas Conference Committee compromised and worked out the details on the latest Kansas sports betting bill. The bill could officially move to the House and Senate for a vote as early as April 1, or potentially later in the month when the session resumes.
- March 30, 2022: The amended Kansas sports betting bill was approved by an official voice vote of 85-32. Then, the HB 2740 sports betting bill passed a House of Representatives vote by a total of 88-36. If the Senate agrees to an identical version of the bill, Kansas sports betting will be legalized. While there is still a ways to go, this is a big step towards legal sports betting in the Sunflower State.
- March 29, 2022: In a surprising turn of events, the Kansas Federal and State Affairs Committee meeting on bill HB 2740 ended without the sports betting legislation advancing to a House vote. Kansas sports betting legalization is now in doubt for 2022, however, Rep. Stephanie Clayton (D-19) is confident the issue could still be resolved soon.
- March 23, 2022: The latest Kansas sports betting bill, HB 2740, could soon be heard in the state’s House of Representatives. While the Kansas Federal and State Affairs Committee has not yet advanced the bill, they will meet again next week to discuss further.
Kansas Sports Betting Bill
The bill that ultimately legalized Kansas sports betting, HB 2740, was officially signed into law on May 12, 2022. The law will officially come into force on July 1, and Kansas sports betting launched on September 1, 2022.
Here are the highlights of the Kansas sports betting bill:
- Legalizes retail and online sports betting
- 10% sports betting tax rate
- A total of 12 online sports betting licenses, three for each of the four Kansas casinos
- Earmarks revenue to lure pro teams to play in Kansas
Now that online Kansas sports betting has officially been legalized with HB 2740, wagering launched across the Sunflower State in late 2022. Kansas legalized sports betting officially went live on September 1, 2022.
Deposits & Withdrawals with Kansas Online Sports Betting Sites
Banking with Kansas online betting sites is safe, reliable, and flexible.
Major payment methods like debit and credit cards (Visa/MasterCard), PayPal, and online banking will be readily available for funding your sportsbook account. Withdrawal options are a bit more limited to options like bank transfers, but that’s standard across all sportsbooks, as they typically don’t allow you to collect your winnings through credit and debit cards.
Depositing Into a Kansas Online Sportsbook
|Deposit Method||Deposit Time|
|Online Banking||3-5 Days|
|Prepaid Play+ Card||Instant|
|Withdrawal Method||Withdrawal Time|
|Online Banking||3-5 Days|
|Prepaid Play+ Card||Instant|
|eCheck by VIP Preferred||3-7 Days|
Kansas Sports Teams: Best Local Teams to Bet On
Betting on local sports teams is one of the best ways to get an inside edge over the sportsbooks, as you might know something they don’t. There aren’t a ton of local pro sports teams in the state of Kansas, however, there are still a few to choose from. Unfortunately, no NFL, NBA, MLB, or NHL team plays within Kansas state lines.
Here are some of the top local sports betting options in the state of Kansas with the best sportsbooks listed above:
Sporting Kansas City
Founded when the MLS began their inaugural season in 1996, Sporting Kansas City is an original franchise in the MLS. While they started out as the Kansas City Wiz in Missouri, they eventually moved across state lines to Kansas in 2010. The team currently plays at Children’s Mercy Park in Kansas City, Kansas.
There are no kings here. We 𝐚𝐥𝐥 reign over this territory.
Rise up and let them know: We are the Midwest.
— Sporting Kansas City (@SportingKC) February 21, 2022
Sporting Kansas City won their first championship in 2013, and now they’re the only pro sports team in the state of Kansas. That could change if the earmarked tax revenue in the Kansas sports betting bill ultimately attracts more teams like the Kansas City Chiefs.
The ECHL might not be the most popular league, but it should provide some niche betting options for Kansas sports bettors thanks to the Wichita Thunder.
The Wichita Thunder moved from the Central Hockey League in 2014, officially joining the ranks of the ECHL at that time. They currently play at the Intrust Bank Arena in Wichita, and they could provide some alternative value for local Kansas sports bettors.
Wichita Wind Surge
Another potential wagering option for Kansas sports bettors is the Wichita Wind Surge. A minor league baseball team that plays as a Double-A affiliate of the MLB’s Minnesota Twins, they currently play as part of the Texas League in their home ballpark of Riverfront Stadium.
Prior to 2020, the Wind Surge played in Louisiana, but they call Kansas home these days. They will remain a solid local sports betting option provided they remain in the state of Kansas.
Kansas City Royals
Though this MLB team is technically based out of Kansas City, Missouri, the Royals still have a strong following within the state of Kanas. With World Series titles in 1985 and 2015, the Royals are always a good option for Kansas sports bettors to place wagers on during the MLB season and playoffs.
Kansas City Chiefs
While Kansas might not be known for local pro sports teams, the earmarked revenue included in sports betting bill HB 2740 is designed to potentially attract pro sports teams like the Kansas City Chiefs. It’s still unlikely the Chiefs decide to move their franchise to the state of Kansas, but if Missouri fails to pass a sports betting bill, the likelihood of this could increase.
Betting on local teams is one of the best ways to find an inside edge over the sportsbooks. For now, Kansas sports bettors will have to look to alternative options for local sports betting. However, Kansas City Chiefs sports betting will remain a tremendous option for sports bettors in the state of Kansas.
Kansas Sportsbook Operators Partner with Local Casinos
Each of the following four Kansas casinos will start offering in-person sports betting in late 2022. Each of these retail locations can partner with up to three online sports betting operators, leaving room for a total of 12 Kansas online sports betting sites.
|Kansas Star Casino||BetMGM, FanDuel||777 Kansas Star Drive, Mulvane, KS 67110, United States||Open 24/7|
|Boot Hill Casino and Resort||DraftKings||4000 W Comanche St, Dodge City, KS 67801, United States||Open 24/7|
|Kansas Crossing Casino + Hotel||Caesars Sportsbook, PointsBet||1275 S, US-69, Pittsburg, KS 66762, United States||Open 24/7|
|Hollywood Casino at Kansas Speedway||Barstool Sportsbook||777 Hollywood Casino Blvd, Kansas City, KS 66111, United States||Open 24/7|
You can visit these locations in late 2022 to start placing in-person wagers, however, the convenience of mobile betting is unmatched. Stay tuned for all the latest details on sportsbook apps partnering with these casinos for market access.
Is sports betting legal in Kansas?
Yes, Kansas sports betting is legal and launched across the state on September 1, 2022.
How do you bet on sports in Missouri?
At this time there are no locations in Missouri that offer sports betting.
How much does Kansas spend on sports betting?
Estimates put the potential sports betting handle in the state of Kansas at anywhere from $300-600 million per year.
Will mobile sports betting be allowed in Kansas?
Yes, mobile sports betting is allowed in Kansas as of September 1, 2022.
How much revenue will online sports betting raise in Kansas?
With a 10% sports betting tax rate, Kansas is expected to raise between $30 million and $60 million per year in revenue.
What sport betting apps are available in Kansas?
Sports betting apps like DraftKings, PointsBet, FanDuel, BetMGM, and Caesars Sportsbook are now available in Kansas.
Will you be allowed bet on college sports from Kansas?
Yes, college sports betting is allowed in Kansas.
What sportsbook apps are coming to Kansas?
Sportsbook apps like DraftKings, FanDuel, Barstool Sportsbook, and PointsBet arrived in Kansas on September 1, 2022.
What types of Kansas sportsbook promos can we expect?
You can expect sportsbook promos like deposit bonus bets, deposit matches, odds boosts, and parlay insurance to name a few.
Is DraftKings in Kansas?
Yes, DraftKings is available in Kansas.
Is FanDuel in Kansas?
Yes, the FanDuel Sportsbook is in Kansas.
What Kansas sports betting apps are offering sign-up promos?
Kansas sports betting apps like DraftKings, FanDuel, Barstool Sportsbook, Caesars Sportsbook, PointsBet, and BetMGM are currently sign-up promos.
What online sportsbooks can I sign-up with in Kansas?
You can sign up with Kansas online sportsbooks such as FanDuel, DraftKings, BetMGM, Caesars Sportsbook, and Barstool Sportsbook. These KS online sportsbooks are fun, reliable, and safe provided you’re wagering responsibly.
What is the best Kansas sports betting app?
The best Kansas sports betting app is a matter of opinion, however the FanDuel Kansas sports betting app currently has a 4.8-star rating, making it one of the best online sportsbooks in the Sunflower State.